Some information about me. Some other can be found at LinkedIn.
Full professor at the RWTH Aachen University. Head of the Department for Software Engineering,
Guest professor at Colorado State University, Fort Collins, USA and INRIA/IRISA in Rennes/France
Visiting Professor at TU Wien, Vienna, Austria,
Guest professor at ISIS, Vanderbilt University, USA,
Full professor at the Braunschweig University of Technology. Head of the Institute for Software Systems Engineering,
Guest professor at INRIA/IRISA in Rennes, France,
Postdoctoral researcher in Computer Science at Munich University of Technology,
Three year fellowship of the Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wissenschaft, Forschung und Kunst,
Postdoctoral researcher in Computer Science at Munich University of Technology.
Research and teaching assistant at Munich University of Technology
Habilitation in Computer Science. At Munich University of Technology.
Dr. rer. nat. (Ph.D.) in Computer Science. At Munich University of Technology.
Diploma in Computer Science. At Munich University of Technology.
Industrial and Governmental Activities
- Wissenschaftlicher Beirat “Effizienzstrategie 2050/2045” des BMWI für den Aufbau des Nationalen Aktionsplan Energieeffizienz (NAPE 2.0), since 2020
- Member of the Advisory Council of the Research and High Tech Software Cluster, TU Eindhoven, since 2017
- Mitglied des Hochschulrat Adesso, since 2016.
- Founder and co-founder of start-ups.
- Editor-In-Chief of the International Journal of Software and System Modeling (Sosym), Springer Verlag Heidelberg since 2001.
- Editor of the “Aachener Informatik-Berichte, Software Engineering” series, Shaker Verlag, since 2010
- Program Committee Chair of
- SLE 2017 “Software Language Engineering” Conference in Vancouver,
- SEFM 2015 “Software Engineering and Formal Methods” Conference in York, GB,
- SE 2013 “Software Engineering” in Aachen,
- SOFSEM 2010 “Theory and Practice of Computer Science”. 36th Conference. Spindleruv Mlyn, Czech Republic,
- Modellierung ‘04, Marburg, Germany, March 2004 and the
- 2nd International Conference on the Unified Modeling Language «UML’99», Fort Collins, Colorado, USA, Oct. 99.
- Co-organizer of various workshops and Dagstuhl seminars.
- Program Committee member of various conferences and workshops.
- Tutorial chair, panelist, tutorial speaker, invited speaker, Summer School lecturer at a number of occasions.
- Member of the Steering Committee for the
- «UML/MODELS»-Conference Series from 1999-2008 (Chair during 2000-2002), of the
- Modellierung-Conference Series 2003-2008, of the
- SLE conference series since 2017, and of the
- SE conference series since 2013
- Co-Founder and Steering-Committee-Member of the GI Querschnitts-Fachausschuss “Modellierung”. Chief organizer since 2010.
- Member of the Präsidium of the German Informatics Society (GI) since 2011.
- Co-General Chair and Program Chair for the German “Software Engineering” Conference 2013 in Aachen.
- Member of GI, IEEE, ACM, VDM with various activities.
- Topic sorted list of most interesting publications
- Aachener Informatik-Berichte, Software Engineering / Ph.D. Theses
- Website of the SE